Sunday, March 20, 2011

February 2011







February we had a great month!  Brynn finished her week of chemo on the 6th and we got to go home for 2 weeks off.  Brynn felt good and we were asked to participate in the Children's Hospital radiothon the next Friday.  It was Reese's 4th birthday that day (the 11th) so we decided we could make a trip of it for her birthday.  They were so kind to pay for our hotel and the hotel gave us free supper and breakfast there.  When we arrived at the hospital we were all wearing our LIVESTRONG shirts that we got for Christmas from my family.  I think we were the largest family they had there! The kids were given stuffed animals, coloring books and there was a whole spread of food for us as we waited our turn.  There were two different radio stations there and they both interviewed us.  When they called us for our turn they were scrambling to find enough headphones and chairs for everyone to hear.  They asked us all about diagnosis and how it has effected our family.  We were all keeping it together pretty well until Brynn started crying telling how much her family has helped her.  We were all in tears after that- including the radio announcers!  She did a great job and we were so proud of her.  When we were done our interviews they brought an ice cream cake out for Reese and we all sang to her.  It was so fun to celebrate it there!  They gave Reese a build a bear and then we left to the hotel.  They hotel had treat bags for each kid in our room and a birthday card for Reese.  The kids had a blast swimming in the pool and we had it all to ourselves.  It was a great weekend to just have fun and be together as a family.  Brynn continued feeling well and made it through the whole month again with no fever!   Mom was home and feeling more normal each day and things were starting to get better when I was feeling at the end of my rope for a little while!  The last week of February we were supposed to go back for chemo and it was Family Day and no school the whole week for reading week.  I was kind of sad to leave when the kids were going to be off school and because of an RSV outbreak in the hospital no visitors besides parents were allowed so all coming to Calgary was silly.  We got counts checked and Brynn was too low to start so they decided to wait and check later.  We had a fun family day sledding and having a wiener roast with my sister's family.  Sadie's birthday was the following Tuesday and wasn't sure when we were going to have a party because of me being in Calgary and having basketball every weekend.  She had one weekend off- that weekend- and I was able to be home so it was perfect.  We got together with some of her friends that also had birthdays in March and had a dance party!  It was so fun and they had a blast.  We hired the seminary teacher to DJ it and he had a black light so they wore white and put neon paint on everything to glow!  It turned out really fun!  Brynn came with a few of her friends and had so much fun!  They played some games too and when they were doing the limbo- poor Brynn was leaning back going under the bar and her wig fell off!  Of course she just laughed and was such a good sport!  The next day was my birthday and my friend Kristy took me for lunch and pedicures.  Kevin made a big steak and shrimp dinner for me at home and it was great!  What a great month we had to recharge our batteries!!!! Brynn hadn't slept in a hospital since the end of December....Awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Christy, you are AMAZING!!! I had no idea your Mom was so sick as well. I honestly don't know how you do it all. You have always been such a strong person and such an example to me, thank you. Your blog is awesome, you did great!
    I wear my 'team Brynn' bracelet 24/7, I'm so proud of it! Brynn is an amazing little girl, it's hard to imagine all that you guys have gone thru the past few months. Your family is in my prayers all the time.
    Love you guys!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I just read all of your blog postings and I am totally amazed at what your whole family has been through. It is so wonderful all the help and support you have received and the amazing attitude that all of you have in knowing that you will beat the BIG C. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family constantly and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's еqually eduсativе and
    engaging, and wіthοut a doubt, you have hіt the nаil on the heaԁ.
    The problem is sоmething which toο few men аnd wоmen arе sρeаκing intelligently about.
    Now і'm very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something concerning this.

    My web page ... debt consolidation loans no credit check

    ReplyDelete