Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 14, 2013

I know I just wrote a couple days ago but I'm trying to write more often especially to remember those small amazing moments that I'm afraid I'll forget!  On Saturday we had a small but meaningful "tender mercy" happen here that just makes me remember that Heavenly Father is aware and cares about us whether it's big or small.  I know that he answers prayers through other people alot of the time and we just need to recognize it and where our blessings are coming from.  For the last week or so Brynn has been talking about getting her nails done and wanting gel polish on them. I thought we would do it for her birthday and last weekend we were home and I was going to take her to Lethbridge to get them done. She didn't feel the best and just wanted to get them done when we were back in Calgary and going on a pass. Little did we know that things would change to a point that we wouldn't be able to take her out on passes this week.  She was asking nearly everyday about it and the doctors didn't think it was a good idea.  They considered letting her go with a nurse assisting us on Thursday but she would have to be off her one pain med and they thought she might not be comfortable enough. She also ended up sleeping all day and was then disappointed when it was evening and too late to go.  We then decided maybe someone could come and do them here. Brynn said that was fine even though she really wanted gel- but thats Brynn- just going along with things!  They found someone from Ronald McDonald house and said she could come Saturday afternoon.  I was happy but sad for Brynn that it wasn't exactly what she was hoping for.  When the girl arrived I told her Brynn's favorite color was this light bluish green ( the color of her new room) and that I had polish that was similar.  She said she had gel polish and her led light with her. I was excited and then she pulled out the exact color of gel that Brynn wanted!  It sounds stupid but I just started crying!  We went to the sunroom and the nurses had it all set up like a spa with music playing and everything.  Brynn got to sit in a comfy lazy boy that is heated and is a massage chair.  The girl gave her a fantastic 2 hour mani pedi and Brynn enjoyed every minute of it!  She was so comfortable that she fell asleep!  It was such a special afternoon for Brynn and anything that brings a smile to her face just warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes.  I'm sure no one really new how much it meant to me that Brynn was able to have it done- but a loving Heavenly Father did and made sure that it happened and it was even better than taking her out.  There are many sad and low points to our days but this was one high moment that helped us smile for a bit.  Thanks to kind people that volunteer their time and talents to help someone they don't even know.  I will be eternally grateful<3

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates Chris. Your family is in our thoughts & prayers.
    Zens'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray for all of you. It seems like the only thing we know how to do. Everytime we offer prayer, we ask Heavenly Father to give you courage to face the future, that He will watch over you and give you peace and comfort. This post assures me that He DOES hear AND answer our prayers. He is aware of our every need...the big things and the little things....the color of nailpolish and everything else. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for people who can sacrifice a bit of themselves in seemingly simply ways to create beautiful moments for others. I am happy to hear of sweet Brynn's spa-escape! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read - we weep - we love. We pray you all continue to have the strength you need each day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you with all our hearts, thinking of you always, hugs, hugs & more hugs.

    The Nelsons ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always in our prayers and I want you to know how incredibly courageous you all are. It warms my heart that through this time of heartache, frustration and sadness you can still see and acknowledge your Heavenly Father and his love for you. Thank you for taking the time to write on your blog as we all care so much for Brynn and your family. *hugs*
    Dave and Heather McClung

    ReplyDelete